Here are the simple steps on how to create your own list on Twitter and how it is a great tool for engagement.
1. Enter the account from which you want to have the list 'owned'
2. Click on the account to bring up the drop down
3. Choose 'list' from the menu
4. Scroll down to the area that says 'create list'
5. Then you will see a pop up - you can name, and give a description
6. Choose 'Public' or 'Private' and click 'Save'
When you add someone to a Public list, they will (most likely) receive a message saying the name of the list they've been added to.
This is a great additional engagement tool.
Note: no-one else can see a 'private list' so will not be able to follow it.
More on Twitter lists here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/76460