Inbound marketing is very important both for new businesses and for companies that have been on the market for quite some time. Here are five tips for inbound marketing to be used as a way to increase interest to your business website.
#1 Search Engine Optimization
Everything starts with search engine optimization or SEO which ensures that your website improves its search rankings and increases the amount of traffic. Of course, you could try using a tool like HubSpot to manage all of such tasks, but you will still need to do the majority of the work yourself because SEO is not a very simple thing to control.
Most of the time, you won’t be able to control your SEO aspect of inbound marketing entirely. However, you can still use some of the most common and effective practices that usually guarantee a certain end result:
- Work on Your Heading: The way you start your article – your heading or headline – matters for several reasons. It introduces your readers to what you are about to be discussing and helps search engines categorize your articles better.
- Answer Customer Questions: Answering customer questions can help you find a good audience and provide useful information to your readers. If you phrase your articles correctly, your customers will find your content when typing their questions into the search and pressing enter.
- Create Longer Articles: Longer articles contain more useful information for your readers and are usually more favored by search engines.
#2 Content Marketing
Directly related to search engine optimization is content marketing. While the former ensures that your website appears in search results, the latter focuses on how to create the content itself and where to publish it afterward.
On the other hand, what makes SEO and content marketing similar is the fact that both are extremely complicated and require substantial amounts of attention, effort, and time invested in them. Here are some tips for improving your content marketing strategy for your inbound marketing campaign:
- Integrate It Properly: Content marketing should not be viewed separately from your marketing campaign. In fact, you should make sure that you are integrating it properly with your social media marketing, email marketing, and everything else.
- Find A Unique Approach: To be able to stand out of the crowd and attract as much interest to your business website as possible, you need to find a unique approach to creating your content and shaping your content marketing strategy. This is because there is too much content created already and you need to be able to “be different” to be noticed.
- Consistency Is Crucial: 60% of people find it hard to produce content consistently, but consistency is actually crucial for your content marketing campaign, so you need to keep that in mind when creating your content schedule.
There is a common misconception that paid strategies work against your inbound marketing, but the reality is that PPC or pay-per-click ads can be quite useful. If you hire a good writer for writing these ads – on a review website like Online Writers Rating it is easy to get a good writer – you will be able to create successful PPC ads.
With all things taken into account, you should still keep in mind that simply creating a bunch of ads and letting them out into the World Wide Web is not an effective approach. Here are some practices you can follow:
- Show Ads in The Right Time: One of the options you have is to schedule your ads which should not be ignored. Show your audience the right ads at the right time. If they come online in the evening on weekends, then that should be your chosen time.
- Target Locations Properly: At the same time, you also need to remember about locations. If you do not operate worldwide, you need to choose which users from which regions should be seeing your ads.
- Put Your Ads on Rotation: And, of course, putting your ads on rotation and showing them one after the other again and again will increase your chances of getting through to your audience.
#4 Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing can also help you with your inbound marketing campaign. Not only is it still considered one of the most effective types of digital marketing, but it can also be easily integrated with the other aspects of your online marketing campaign.
Before you start jumping to conclusions, you need to carefully analyze your business and decide which social media platforms will be the most beneficial to you in your situation. Then, get started with the help of these steps:
- Complete Your Business Profile: The more information you put on your profile, the more legit your business will look to your audience.
- Create Compelling Content Regularly: As with your content marketing campaign, creating compelling content on a regular basis is essential.
- Link Back to Your Website: Always link back to your website in some way to encourage your followers to visit your business site.
#5 Landing Pages and Remarketing
Last but not least, landing pages and remarketing are quite valuable for the overall inbound marketing campaign because of how well they deal with more detailed and precise matters like attracting attention to a particular piece of content and making your customers or potential customers come back to your site. Here are some things to consider:
- Optimize Your Landing Pages: Put only one product per landing page and only the one that you want to keep the accent on. Then, direct your target audience to it through other channels.
- Build Your Remarketing Plan Thoroughly: Remarketing requires a good understanding of what your audience has already seen from your content to be able to persuade it to come back for more, so approach remarketing with extreme caution.
To sum up, inbound marketing consists of different elements that need to be used accordingly and implemented and integrated organically into the bigger picture. Use the tips in this article to help you with your marketing campaign.